Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring Back

I love a lazy morning. The sun coming through the curtains to rouse me to wake rather than the buzz of an alarm. A few slow moments resting still tucked in my sheets, watching the sun dust slowly fall in the mid-morning sun. It is finally spring, and yesterday was my first spring morning with a slow wake. And I'll tell you what- I feel revived. 

Spring Sarah has awoken. Like one of those sleepy head daisies from the animated Alice in Wonderland. Rubbing my crusty, tired eyes. Batting my petal lids at the sun. I've unfurled myself, readying for the sun to enliven me after a long long winter underground.

Every year, sometime around February, I dissolve a little. Don't get me wrong, I love winter. I seriously cry happy tears at the sight of the first snow! But after a couple months, I become stir crazy and pudgy from a sedentary snow lifestyle. And, like clockwork, the sadness comes. It's been this way since I was a teenager. 

And this year, since I had a husband to care for me and binge watch crappy television with, I didn't find respite in the creative outlet of my blog. In fact, I've abandoned it for a good long time. At one point, I considered giving it up for Lent since I'd already gone so long without it. (I know, I'm a cheater.)

When I'm sad, I know that making something, doing something creative WILL help me feel better. I know this, and yet it's so hard to just DO it. Isn't that the way it is for you? We know what's best for us, but it's starting a new habit that's the hardest. Or even re-starting, in the case of this neglected website.

So this morning, the sun shining in, It's the first step. The tiny push to get the ball rolling. And once that ball is rolling, the inertia should pick up. But baby steps to begin with.

First, I'll wake up before my alarm. And, then -still in my pjs til 10- I'll plant some pretty spring flowers. Get things growing again.


I'll water them daily. I'll clean my bike chain. A little hard work goes a long way.

In a month's time or less, we'll all be blossoming in summer.   


Won't that be beautiful!








2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo antsy to start planting...and so jealous of you. But having someone come from Vogels Monday to talk about a "master plan". I'm tired of constant failures year after year. So, it's on to the professionals. We'll see how this goes. Will probably take us yeeeears to complete. Thanks for the inspiration. (Even though my banging head still says, "who are you kidding girl?") Ah well. I can dream, can't I, thanks to the pretty, pretty pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo antsy to start planting...and so jealous of you. But having someone come from Vogels Monday to talk about a "master plan". I'm tired of constant failures year after year. So, it's on to the professionals. We'll see how this goes. Will probably take us yeeeears to complete. Thanks for the inspiration. (Even though my banging head still says, "who are you kidding girl?") Ah well. I can dream, can't I, thanks to the pretty, pretty pictures...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...