Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Passage of Time (or) November Already?!

For a couple months I have been taking periodic pictures of the tree across the street from our house here in Farmersville. I like to believe that it's the best autumn colors in town, it certainly lasted longer than most other trees. Fall has come and blown the leaves down already. One day it was summer and now I have to scrape my windows off before driving to work in the morning. How did this happen?


It's a generally accepted fact that time speeds up as you grow older. It doesn't make much sense. The minute still lasts 60 seconds. Why should my 18th year of living have felt so much longer than my 28th? (I'm about to cross that marker, eek.) Time has been slipping through my fingers lately. Perhaps it is a good moment to recognize some overlooked moments from the past season.
  • My nephew lost his first tooth.
  • I celebrated 1 year of living with my parents.
  • Timber (my beloved 1996 Saturn SL) reached, and surpassed, 200,000 miles.
  • I have worked at my "new" job for 1 month.
  • My niece finally has enough hair for pigtails.
  • I am now an official Ohio resident with a Ohio Driver's License.
Other milestones have passed. Each day is full of learning new things about patience, family and love. I must remember to stop and recognize them more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...